Volunteers Always Needed!
School volunteers provide a valuable contribution to the successful operation of our school. The support that volunteers provide to our students has a direct and positive influence on their education. Volunteer activities include:
- Volunteering with our Intensive Reading Program
- Assisting with coaching opportunities
- Providing transportation and supervision on field trips and extra-curricular events
- Helping with site maintenance for our Forest & Stream Program
- Assisting students with special projects or activities
While encouraging volunteer involvement, we are also committed to providing a
safe, secure and caring environment for all our students. To support
this, we ask that volunteers complete a "School Volunteer Application"
and a "Volunteer Driver Form" (if you will be transporting children).
These forms must be completed each year and are available at the school
office. A "Consent for Disclosure of Criminal Record Information form
(CRC) also needs completion. You must personally go to the RCMP Mission
detachment for the processing of the CRC. A CRC is valid for 5 years.
If you have any questions regarding volunteering at Deroche Elementary, please do not hesitate to call the school.